Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I have filled out the FASFA and got a ton of different grants and the stafford loan I qualify for ev

I am going to my financial aid office to see if I can get the perkins loan. I need more money for a laptop and to cover commuting expense. I am going to Malone College and tuition there is about 18 and all of my tuition is paid except for about 500 dollars from grants. I only have one loan and that is the stafford loan. I am trying to get a private loan but no cosigner because everyone in my family has bad credit and I am only 17. Basically my question is how can I get more money.



I have filled out the FASFA and got a ton of different grants and the stafford loan I qualify for every grant?

If the stafford is the only student loan you have so far you can probably get another student loan. You are doing the right thing going to the financial aid office. They will have the applications to fill out. I think I had 3 student loans when I went to college so I know you can get more than one. You are better off getting a student loan rather than a regular loan because the student loans don't have to be paid back until after you are no longer a full time student. You would have to start making payments on a regular loan immediately.



I have filled out the FASFA and got a ton of different grants and the stafford loan I qualify for every grant?

Do some research on www.salliemae.com



They outline a bunch of different sorts of loans for students.



However, you might want to consider this money carefully - if your only remaining expense is a laptop and commuting, you might want to try and work part time, and save money for this. Think about the interest rate and terms of the loan - it might turn out to be a VERY expensive computer and gas!



I have filled out the FASFA and got a ton of different grants and the stafford loan I qualify for every grant?

Check with you financial aid office about special %26quot;computer loans.%26quot; The colleges in the area I work offer 1000 dollars to purchase a laptop or desktop. Therefore, you wouldn't need to use your financial aid to cover the comp.



Check out the department of your program to find out if they offer any special scholarships. Go back to your high school to find out if there are any local scholarships that you can apply for.



You may want to get a part time job so you can earn some extra money to cover costs like these. Have you thought about living on campus? That would cut the cost of commuting. Just a thought. I think that you could be put on a list for more %26quot;emergency funding.%26quot;



Your first step should be the fin aid office.



Best of luck - don't get discouraged. You will find a way to make this work and succeed in college - just make sure to keep your grades up and don't party (you will risk losing ALL fin aid).



I have filled out the FASFA and got a ton of different grants and the stafford loan I qualify for every grant?

If you already have a Perkins Loan then that's the best loan to get. If you need more money then you can always apply for grants or scholarships. Here are some good sites to try:



http://www.fedmoney.org/



http://apps.collegeboard.com/cbsearch_ss...



http://www.freegovmoney.net/



http://www.educationplanner.com/educatio...



http://www.studentawards.com/



http://www.college-scholarships.com/



Good luck



I have filled out the FASFA and got a ton of different grants and the stafford loan I qualify for every grant?

Ask about the Parents Plus loan. My understanding of the loan is that if your parents are turned down because of credit reasons then the maximum Staffard loan is increased.



You are doing the right thing though, talking to your financial aid officer is the way to go.



I have filled out the FASFA and got a ton of different grants and the stafford loan I qualify for every grant?

If you only went subsidized on the stafford then see if you can get an unsubsidized one through stafford. Also Wells Fargo offers the stafford but also personal loans on the side for students to make ends meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive