Monday, October 26, 2009

I am Canadian, how do I clean up my credit rating.?

I was extremely ill and payments were late, but have been paid in a timely fashion for the last year. I just applied for a car loan and was turned down for %26quot;bankruptcy%26quot;. I have never gone bankrupt, why would that show on my credit rating if I never went bankrupt? Can they just decide because of bad payments for a year that I went bankrupt?



I am Canadian, how do I clean up my credit rating.?

Check with http://www.equifax.com/EFX_Canada/ and find out about your profile...



I am Canadian, how do I clean up my credit rating.?

You really need to get a copy of your credit reports. Since you have been turned down for credit you should be able to get free copies. Contact TransUnion and Equifax. They can tell you what you need to do to correct any mistakes on your file. You could also put a note on their explaining what happened (illness) - it might help, and it might not. What might have happened is that you had an account go %26quot;bad or noncollectable%26quot; and the person arranging the financing didn't explain it properly.



Get your credit reports first. Everyone should review their credit reports from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive