Monday, October 26, 2009

I have near-perfect credit and got a sweet loan from my bank. Will the car sales(wo)man resent me?

I believe I may be a car salesperson's worst nightmare.



By the time I arrive at the lot, I will already have financing lined up (through my credit union, which offered me a low rate, because my credit score is a near-perfect 796).



I know exactly what model, make and color of car I want, and plan to order from the factory because no local dealers have a car with my exact specifications. I will walk away if the dealer tries to sell me a car off their lot.



I plan to summarily %26amp; firmly reject all offers of dealer financing, as well as extras such as extended warranty, rustproofing crap, Lojack, etc,,



If the dealer makes me put a deposit on a factory-ordered car, I will, but only if the dealer guarantees (in writing) that it's fully refundable.



Furthermore, I'm a cynical, mistrustful, Edmunds-spouting jerk. I am sure the dealer won't be able to screw me, but I am wondering how they will treat me in return for my toughness?



(no offense to any car salesperson reading this)



I have near-perfect credit and got a sweet loan from my bank. Will the car sales(wo)man resent me?

You know I like your style and I been selling vehicles for over 30 years and now retired.



I have answers many questions about vehicle's in this forum trying to preach how to buy a car, you really come across the right way and consumers will benefit your approach, but the problem I have found is whom has got the time to do a little homework in this fast paced world we live in, and when someone gets the short end of the stick then lets blame it all on the dealership.



I would appreciate you reading some of my website as everything I am trying to teach consumers your saying. http://www.usedcartips.org/



I have near-perfect credit and got a sweet loan from my bank. Will the car sales(wo)man resent me?

You don't need to go in there being a huge jerk about it. If you know exactly what you want, then tell the dealer up front that you know, and please save his/her time with trying to do the add-on's.



They don't really care WHERE the financing comes from; their commission comes from the sale of the car, not the bank, so it doesn't really matter to them if you paid cash-up-front.



Just BE NICE. And if the sales person starts to cop an attitude, just ask for a different sales person or threaten to take your business elsewhere. But there's NEVER any reason to be a jerk to a person trying to earn an honest living.



(PS - just as a side note, you actually may want to look at Lo-Jack...it's saving my friend nearly $2K per year on insurance!!)



I have near-perfect credit and got a sweet loan from my bank. Will the car sales(wo)man resent me?

Auto salesmen/women will look at you with $ in their eyes...as they should. You are a commission to them, no matter how or if you finance the car. I always return to the same dealer and have used the same salesman for the last 4 cars and he treats me like a queen when I drive in.



Remember, it's YOUR money...and YOU decide how and where it is spent. At your bank or at the car finance company...it's your call and they will respect that. If they don't, you are dealing with the wrong type of salespeople.



I have near-perfect credit and got a sweet loan from my bank. Will the car sales(wo)man resent me?

I've done something very similar. They don't care, really. To them it's binary, yes-or-no question: %26quot;will I get a commission from this customer?%26quot; If the answer is %26quot;yes%26quot;, then they'll be professional and helpful; if the answer is %26quot;no,%26quot; then they'll unhelpful and dismissive.



Try this: go to the dealership and privately ask the receptionist who the best salesperson is, then leave. By phone or email, contact that salesperson to give them your requirements. You'll likely get a response, though it may take ten days. You've set the expectations and if they are indeed the very best salesperson, they're savvy enough to accommodate you and will let you lead (again, to get your $$$)



I have near-perfect credit and got a sweet loan from my bank. Will the car sales(wo)man resent me?

Great Idea! Too bad you're screwed anyway ! You can't make a deal on a car which doesn't exist because if you order it, all the research you've done will be innacurate. (factory programs change all the time) Plus, No car dealer will order a car that only you want without a solid deposit on it. On top of that, there is a chance that the car could be ordered incorrectly, which won't help your plans much. On top of that, no salesperson will want to deal with you for the 100.00 commission they'll make on the deal. On top of that, you're retarded anyway unless you plan on leasing the car and you've made it oh so clear you're way too smart to do that. Enyoy your fictional car with your fictional deal !



I have near-perfect credit and got a sweet loan from my bank. Will the car sales(wo)man resent me?

For starters, most car salespeople don't get extra commission based on where or how you finance anymore. So they don't really care. Also, tons of people are very specific about what they want. So I don't think you'll come across as very different from many buyers. Yes, they often WILL lose money in potential sales if you don't get those %26quot;perks%26quot; like LoJack, etc. but most people (or at least half) of them turn that down anyway. Lastly, you don't need to be an *** about it, and if you are so %26quot;cynical, mistrustful, etc%26quot; then you probably don't actually give a damn on how they will perceive you. You're there to get the car you want- not to make friends. I don't think you'll run into any problems. Enjoy your new car!



I have near-perfect credit and got a sweet loan from my bank. Will the car sales(wo)man resent me?

To be honest, I would prefer dealing with a customer like you as long as you are upfront with everything. It would save me hours of time going back %26amp; forth with the sales manager. Don't be to hard on them for trying to sell extras, it's their job

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive